Lingoda.com is the leading Online Language School in Germany. Our students learn German, English, French and Spanish and are located all over the world. We are looking for someone to join our international team in Berlin.
As the editor of our learning materials, you will be responsible not only for the conception of our learning materials, but also for managing the editing process.
- Creating the lesson plans (A1.1 – C2), including detailed overviews of contents and learning objectives for each lesson in all four languages (English, German, Spanish, French)
- Coordination of the creation process of the learning materials
- Preparation and review of learning materials with the assistance of specialist freelancers
- Ongoing improvement of learning materials based on feedback
- Realisation of various projects (“class-tests”, “grammar textbook”, “vocabulary training” etc.)
- You hold one of the following, or a comparable certificate: CELTA (English), Delta (English), DAEFLE (French), Máster en ELE (Spanish), DaF (German)
- Experience in publishing or project managemnet is a plus
- A solid understanding of engaging teaching methods
- You speak at least two of the following languages on a C1/C2 level: German, English, French, Spanish fluently, having ideally lived abroad long-term
- You already have first-hand experience creating and editing learning materials (you can ideally provide examples of this)
- You have excellent knowledge of MS-Office products, especially Word and PowerPoint
- You work with a high degree of accuracy, flexibility, and creativity. In addition, you are a team player; stick to deadlines; are a fast learner, and are capable of working independently
- Real Start-up atmosphere in a fast-growing environment
- Autonomy in your work from day one
- A young, dynamic, and highly motivated team with flat hierarchies and open communication
- Challenging and interesting projects and tasks
Have we caught your interest and made you think “this is exactly what I am looking for?”
Then send us your application (CV and cover letter) to email@example.com
Lingoda is an online language school which offers English, German, French and Spanish lessons. The classes are held live in our innovative virtual classrooms using Skype, and are taught exclusively by qualified, native speaking teachers. We offer both private and group classes.
Our group classes typically involve no more than 5 students and allow you to meet other language learners from all over the world.
Because we believe that flexibility is essential, you can book classes at any time of the day, 24/7. Even if you are extremely busy, we make it possible for you to learn a new language at a time that is most convenient for you, be it at 3 am on a weeknight or at 9 pm on a Sunday. You can also take a private class focusing on the topic of your choice to prepare for something particular - a business meeting, a job interview or any other occasion which requires you to know specific vocabulary, for example.
What makes Lingoda special is that we offer all the advantages of an actual language school, but the fact that we operate online allows us to correct the disadvantages of attending a traditional language school. You don’t need to commute to and from the school, our classrooms are never too crowded, and even if you wish to learn the dialect of a country far away from yours, this can be taught by a local native speaker.
Moreover, you can follow a course even if you are away from home as all you need to attend a lesson is a laptop with an internet connection. This is extremely helpful for people who travel a lot or move frequently. Last but not least, your course can start any time you want, so why not start learning now?
Each of our students is assigned a personal advisor who is available to answer questions, provide useful tips and follow his or her progress over time. This allows us to keep the learning process extremely personalized. Of course you can take classes with different teachers to get used to various styles of speaking your target language. We also want your learning plan to be tailored to your own needs, and we are ready to fulfill any specific request you might have - just get in touch!
As an online language school, we are committed to providing you with the best learning experience. This means that we deliver official certificates according to CEFR standards for all levels, from A1 to C2. These certificates are acknowledged worldwide and can be used for official administrative procedures such as visa applications. We can also help you prepare for other language tests such as TOEFL, DELF, DELE, TestDaF or IELTS. We give access to extensive learning material so you can keep learning outside of your lessons and you can keep track of your own progress using your student account. Last but not least, we take pride in offering you the best teaching quality. To ensure this, you are invited to rate your teacher after each class.